Saturday, March 28, 2009

Turbo Pascal

This morning when I woke up, I was thinking about what actually got me to choose computer programming as my future profession. I thought all the way back until my freshman year of high school when I decided to take a computer programming class. In that class we learned how to program in Turbo Pascal, which I had a lot of fun doing and then decided that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Turbo Pascal is a very simple language, where a lot of the commands we used were pretty self-explanatory such as Write (to write a sentence) or readln (to read in an input). The first version of the software was in 1983 and is known to be the first popular IDE (or Integrated Development Enviroment). In my opinion, Turbo Pascal is a very good version to learn how to use GUI's (Graphical User Interfaces) and is a good way to ease into Java and C++.

No comments:

Post a Comment